Keep up to date and plan ahead!
All the Allied Health conferences, forums, specialty groups, social events and special days or weeks to recognise – all in one handy spot!
Let us know if you have an event coming up that should be featured here… contact us…
- This event has passed.
October 26, 2020 @ 12:00 am
About the conference
Back to the future….stroke: past, present and future!
Stroke Society of Australasia (SSA) 30th Annual Scientific Meeting
SSA held its first meeting in Perth 1990, which means it will be celebrating over three decades in 2021. This brought the theme of this meeting as “Back to the Future”. Under the conference theme of ‘Back to the future’ the conference organising committee is hoping to develop not just a multidisciplinary meeting limited to the traditional stroke therapy, but also look for new voices, collaborations and jointly developed content from those in the greater stroke patient management ecosystem.
- Basic science
- Heart and stroke
- Technology/machine learning
- Intracerebral haemorrhage
- Systems of care – prehospital – stroke calls – telestroke – mobile stroke unit/prehospital stroke care
- Young stroke (migraine, PFO, dissection)
- Cerebral small vessel disease
- Australasian Stroke Trials Network quick-fire session
- Acute reperfusion therapy – neurointerventional treatment – thrombolysis
- Stroke rehabilitation – stroke nursing – consumer partnership
- Allied health
- Neuroimaging secondary prevention
- Neuroprotection new investigator session – separate session vs incorporated into other sessions
- Controversies in stroke
16 November 2020 Call for abstracts opens
18 January 2021 Registration opens
22 February 2021 Call for abstracts closes
23 April 2021 Early bird registration closes
Registration opens July 2020
Hop on the website to find out more!