Keep up to date and plan ahead!
All the Allied Health conferences, forums, specialty groups, social events and special days or weeks to recognise – all in one handy spot!
Let us know if you have an event coming up that should be featured here… contact us…
- This event has passed.
Psychologists as expert witnesses: An overview
February 8 @ 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Image credit to APS
About this event
This webinar aims to provide psychologists with an overview of the role and obligations of expert witnesses in court and a general understanding of the expert witness process and be better positioned to potentially provide evidence in court.
More specifically, the webinar will cover:
- the role of expert witnesses in court,
- obligations of expert witnesses,
- the court process, and
- psychologists as expert witnesses.
Upon completion of this webinar, participants should be able to:
- describe the role and obligations of psychologists as expert witnesses in court,
- describe the basic court process and the role of the expert witness in this process, and
- recognise specific points and issues relating to the provision of expert evidence by psychologists.
Steven Hogg, Barrister-trainer – Loquitur
About Australian Psychological Society (APS)
The Australian Psychological Society (APS) is Australia’s peak psychology body. With 27,000 members, The APS strongly advocates for the discipline and profession of psychology, supports high standards for the profession, promotes psychological knowledge to enhance community wellbeing, and is dedicated to providing benefits to support members’ professional lives.