Keep up to date and plan ahead!
All the Allied Health conferences, forums, specialty groups, social events and special days or weeks to recognise – all in one handy spot!
Let us know if you have an event coming up that should be featured here… contact us…
- This event has passed.
Psychodynamic psychotherapy for children, adolescents and families: Introduction and overview
March 7 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Graphic credit to APS
About this event
This webinar will provide a unique opportunity for Psychologists who work with children, adolescents and families to enhance and deepen their skill base. It will cover:
- the theoretical paradigms used will explore working with children and adolescents from both a developmental perspective and psychodynamic orientation, and
- specific techniques such as psychodynamic case formulations, family therapy, play therapy, symbol work, parent therapy and individual psychotherapy for adolescents.
Upon completion of these two webinar, participants should be able to:
- ascertain their current needs in child psychotherapy training,
- describe basic Psychodynamic principles and defences and how these apply to families,
- demonstrate specialized knowledge of assessment techniques for children, adolescents and parents,
- understand the developmental needs of adolescents and how this relates to assessment and diagnoses,
- effectively give evidence based feedback to parents in a succinct and effective manner,
- understand the importance and application of projective techniques, and
- have developed an increased level of confidence and capacity in working with children and their families. Apply and develop these skills in your current workplace setting.
Tania Kalkidis MAPS
About Australian Psychological Society (APS)
The Australian Psychological Society (APS) is Australia’s peak psychology body. With 27,000 members, The APS strongly advocates for the discipline and profession of psychology, supports high standards for the profession, promotes psychological knowledge to enhance community wellbeing, and is dedicated to providing benefits to support members’ professional lives.
To find out more- visit the APS website!