Keep up to date and plan ahead!
All the Allied Health conferences, forums, specialty groups, social events and special days or weeks to recognise – all in one handy spot!
Let us know if you have an event coming up that should be featured here… contact us…
- This event has passed.
Psychodynamic psychotherapy for children, adolescents and families: Introduction and overview
August 1 @ 10:00 am - August 2 @ 1:30 pm
Photo credit to Australian Psychological Society (APS)
This webinar organised by APS professional development will provide a unique opportunity for Psychologists who work with children, adolescents and families to enhance and deepen their skill base.
It will cover:
- the theoretical paradigms used will explore working with children and adolescents from both a developmental perspective and psychodynamic orientation, and
- specific techniques such as psychodynamic case formulations, family therapy, play therapy, symbol work, parent therapy and individual psychotherapy for adolescents.
Upon completion of these webinars, participants should be able to:
- ascertain their current needs in child psychotherapy training,
- describe basic Psychodynamic principles and defences and how these apply to families,
- demonstrate specialized knowledge of assessment techniques for children, adolescents and parents,
- understand the developmental needs of adolescents and how this relates to assessment and diagnoses,
- effectively give evidence based feedback to parents in a succinct and effective manner,
- understand the importance and application of projective techniques, and
- have developed an increased level of confidence and capacity in working with children and their families. Apply and develop these skills in your current workplace setting.
Tania Kalkidis MAPS, a registered Clinical Psychologist / Child Psychologist
To learn more and to register- visit the APS website.