Keep up to date and plan ahead!
All the Allied Health conferences, forums, specialty groups, social events and special days or weeks to recognise – all in one handy spot!
Let us know if you have an event coming up that should be featured here… contact us…
- This event has passed.
Pain Management in Practice online Workshop
May 13, 2021 @ 8:00 am - May 14, 2021 @ 5:00 pm
This 2 day workshop is designed to challenge and extend your skills to manage clients with pain to achieve significant functional outcomes, including a return to work. The workshop focuses on developing:
• a further understanding of why pain can persist
• skills to better identify the “hidden” barriers through a more comprehensive assessment process
• a framework of treatment options for clients with ongoing pain
• goals that your client is motivated to achieve
• novel graded exposure plans to address fear avoidant behaviours
• sleep strategies to improve disrupted sleep
• specific CBT and ACT techniques to address pain
• practical strategies to address a client who is ‘stuck’
• techniques to more effectively address challenging communication issues when dealing with resistance and how to manage difficult conversations
The workshop has a very strong practical focus to ensure you are able to implement the strategies into your working day. Small group work is undertaken to allow time to practice new skills and numbers are strictly limited to ensure the workshop is highly interactive.
Other workshop dates:
Online live webinar Thursday 22nd & Friday 23rd July 2021
Sydney CBD Thursday 16th & Friday 17th September 2021
Melbourne CBD Thursday 14th & Friday 15th October 2021
Brisbane CBD Thursday 25th & Friday 26th November 2021
Time: 9 am to 5 pm
Cost: $679 early bird/ $779 standard