Keep up to date and plan ahead!
All the Allied Health conferences, forums, specialty groups, social events and special days or weeks to recognise – all in one handy spot!
Let us know if you have an event coming up that should be featured here… contact us…
- This event has passed.
Enda King – ACL Rehabilitation & Return to Play Perth
February 13, 2020 @ 9:00 am - February 14, 2020 @ 5:00 pm
A 3D biomechanical approach to rehabilitation & decision making
The course will discuss the challenges relating to the rehabilitation of athletes after ACL reconstruction and the use of biomechanics to improve the rehabilitation process and provide accurate data to assist in RTP decision making.
The course will cover:
- What are the challenges in rehabilitation after ACL reconstruction
- Pathomechanics of ACL injury
- Graft Healing & RTP decision making after ACL reconstruction
- Components of rehabilitation after ACL reconstruction
- Strength and Power development
- Linear Running and Change of directional mechanics after ACL reconstruction
- How to navigate the route from RTP to return to performance
The learning objectives:
- Understand the key milestones for graft healing after ACL reconstruction
- Understand all the components that make a successful return after ACL reconstruction and identify the factors that influence them
- Understand the mechanism of injury of ACL and how biomechanics and rehabilitation can influence re-injury risk
- Identify all the factors that need to be assessed and addressed throughout ACL rehabilitation and how they interact with and influence each other.
- Understand the influence of exercise selection and coaching on outcomes during ACL rehabilitation
- Identify deficits in linear running and change of direction mechanics after ACL reconstruction that will negatively affect outcomes and be able to select and coach drills to modify those deficits
- Understand all the factors that influence a return to performance after ACL reconstruction be able to guide your athlete along that journey