Keep up to date and plan ahead!
All the Allied Health conferences, forums, specialty groups, social events and special days or weeks to recognise – all in one handy spot!
Let us know if you have an event coming up that should be featured here… contact us…
- This event has passed.
ANZAED 2022 Virtual Workshop: The Maudsley Model of Anorexia Treatment for Adults
May 26, 2022 @ 8:00 am - May 27, 2022 @ 5:00 pm
ANZAED 2022 Virtual Workshop: The Maudsley Model of Anorexia Treatment for Adults (MANTRA) – Introductory workshop
About this event
This two-day introductory workshop examines the model underpinning the Maudsley Model of Anorexia Nervosa Treatment for Adults (MANTRA), and the evidence supporting this approach.
Learning Objectives: In the Introductory section participants will learn:
(1) key strategies for the initial phase of MANTRA;
(2) to develop a collaborative MANTRA case conceptualization;
(3) how to involve close others in treatment;
(4) how to work with core maintaining factors such as emotional avoidance and cognitive inflexibility in AN;
(5) how to modify work in the face of complexity and lack of progress.
Helen Startup is Consultant Clinical Psychologist for Sussex Partnership NHS Eating Disorders Service.
Matthew Flinders Distinguished Professor Tracey Wade completed a Master of Clinical Psychology at the Australian National University (1992), and a PhD at Flinders University (1998).