Keep up to date and plan ahead!
All the Allied Health conferences, forums, specialty groups, social events and special days or weeks to recognise – all in one handy spot!
Let us know if you have an event coming up that should be featured here… contact us…
- This event has passed.
1000reps/day: Strategies to increase amounts of practice in rehab
August 2, 2021 @ 6:00 pm - August 16, 2021 @ 10:00 pm
About this event
This workshop will outline the evidence for increased practice in rehabilitation and practical strategies to increase amounts of practice
Target audience – health professionals working in an inpatient, outpatient or community rehabilitation setting
Workshop format – this workshop will run across two x four hour sessions. Participants will prepare work before each session. The workshop will be run on Zoom from 6pm till 10pm Sydney, Australia time. This is a time that should suit European and UK therapists.
Presenters – Dr Simone Dorsch and Dr Kate Scrivener
At the completion of this course you should be able to:
• Outline the evidence for a dose-response relationship between amount of practice and outcomes
• Describe strategies to increase patient motivation and empowerment
• Describe effective instructions and feedback during practice
• Describe strategies to set up the environment for safe and effective semi-supervised practice
• Describe strategies to increase attendance and participation in classes
• Outline the evidence for and describe strategies to increase carer involvement in practice
• Outline the evidence for increasing adherence to independent exercise programmes
• Discuss and implement strategies to increase intensity of practice in your workplace
For more information about this workshop go to www.StrokeEd.com