Keep up to date and plan ahead!
All the Allied Health conferences, forums, specialty groups, social events and special days or weeks to recognise – all in one handy spot!
Let us know if you have an event coming up that should be featured here… contact us…
- This event has passed.
Trauma Informed Practice for Young People with Complex Support Needs- AASW
June 7 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
About the event
This 3 hour interactive virtual workshop gives an opportunity for social workers to refresh and learn through experiential activities, case study reflections and delivery of knowledge.
It explores the essentials of trauma informed practice including an awareness of trauma followed by putting this into direct practice experience and examples, encouraging social workers to work through case scenarios in a step by step reflection using what they have learnt from the earlier parts of the session.
The workshop will cover:
- The importance of language
- A brief visit to development
- What is trauma?
- Effects of trauma on children and young people
- Brief Introduction to Trauma and the brain
- Responses by children and young people who have experienced trauma
- Exploring the workers own context
- What is trauma informed practice?
- Elements of trauma informed practice
- Reframing to strengths
- Barriers to implementing trauma informed practice
The session also includes 4 opportunities for experiential learning including activities and reflection time working through case studies.
3 hours of CPD activity: Category 2, skills and knowledge
AASW Credential: Mental Health; Focussed Psychological Strategies (FPS)
Learn more by visiting the AASW website. Follow the link below