Keep up to date and plan ahead!
All the Allied Health conferences, forums, specialty groups, social events and special days or weeks to recognise – all in one handy spot!
Let us know if you have an event coming up that should be featured here… contact us…
- This event has passed.
Pain Management in Practice
September 3, 2020 @ 8:00 am - September 4, 2020 @ 5:00 pm
About the event
This 2 day workshop is designed to challenge and extend your skills to manage clients with pain to achieve significant functional outcomes, including a return to work. The workshop focuses on developing:
• a further understanding of why pain can persist
• skills to better identify the “hidden” barriers through a more comprehensive assessment process
• a framework of treatment options for clients with ongoing pain
• goals that your client is motivated to achieve
• novel graded exposure plans to address fear avoidant behaviours
• sleep strategies to improve disrupted sleep
• specific CBT and ACT techniques to address pain
• practical strategies to address a client who is ‘stuck’
• techniques to more effectively address challenging communication issues when dealing with resistance and how to manage difficult conversations
The workshop has a very strong practical focus to ensure you are able to implement the strategies into your working day. Small group work is undertaken to allow time to practice new skills and numbers are strictly limited to ensure the workshop is highly interactive.
Pain Management in Practice Workshops 2020
Online live webinar Thursday 30 April/ Friday 1 May 2020
Online live webinar Friday 12 & Saturday 13 June 2020
Online live webinar Thursday 3 & Friday 4 September 2020
Online live webinar Thursday 12 & Friday 13 November 2020
Time: 9 am – 5 pm/ 9am – 4pm
Cost: $729 early bird/$879 standard
This 2 day course provides 14 hours of active learning = 14 ASORC CPD points
For more information or to register click on the link www.empowerrehab.com/workshops or contact Empower Rehab on (03) 9459 3344.